Steven Proctor : Senior Software Developer and aspiring Software Craftsman
- Over 10 years experience in the development of commercial web based applications across the different layers from database to user interface.
- Developed an application which evolved from a single web application start-up to full fledged enterprise web application suite, and learned the value of continuous care to a code base.
- Grew to fulfill the role of technical domain expert and technical lead on the specification management and formulation applications.
- Known on team for “extreme attention to detail” and “strong focus on delivering well architected solutions.”
- Collaborated with Product Management and QA to understand the use cases presented, along with the expected customer usage, to develop a more refined and robust application.
OZ Systems January 2012 – September 2012
Senior Software Developer
- Developed web based application to collect test scores of kindergarteners in order to rank Pre-K programs for how well the programs are preparing students for kindergarten.
- Refurbished state level reports for over 200,000 students to run from 35 minutes to under 10 seconds.
- Re-architected an import system to complete in under 10 minutes from over 3 days.
- Mentored teammates on simplifying object design and composable behavior.
Oracle (through acquisition) 2007 – December 2011
Senior Software Engineer
- Collaborated with Product Management to steer new feature development direction and refinement of use cases.
- Technical domain lead for the redesign to consolidate two separate applications into one unified application to better mirror the users actual business model.
- Mentored other developers on the idiosyncrasies of domain specific business logic.
- Developed calculations to balance and aggregate the quantities of materials used throughout the different stages of the processing model.
- Identified, raised, and fixed extensive use case gaps in application’s data integrity before the release to the customer.
Agile Software (through acquisition) 2005 – 2007
Senior Software Developer
- Grew to fulfill the roles of technical domain expert and technical lead on the specification management and formulation applications.
- Conducted phone screens and interviews for potential new hire candidates
- Collaboratively developed feature for the users of the Design Workbench application to create label ingredient order statements for their food products.
- Developed new data type to allow customers to customize the application.
- Extended linear optimization engine to run against user defined custom data.
Prodika 2002 – 2005
Software Developer (December 2002 – 2005)
- Primary developer for the maintenance and new feature development of the applications used to manage the formulations of finished goods for the foodservice industry.
- Collaboratively developed the calculation of the theoretical yields of formulations to account for different types of processing loss.
- Deployed software to the customer’s Test and Production environments.
- Developed the feature to allow users to import specifications between the Process and the Design Workbench applications.
- Developed the ability for a user to select different representations of the Process specifications and print them to a PDF file.
Junior Software Developer (August 2002 – December 2002)
- Rewrote loading of translation items cache and took the loading of the application from a 3 minute load time to under 30 seconds.
- Deployed software to the customer’s Test environment.
- Developed features for a new application allowing users to create experimental recipe formulations.
Masters of Science, Computer Science (Fast-Track), The University of Texas at Dallas, 2005
Bachelors of Science, Computer Science, The University of Texas at Dallas, 2002
Graduated Cum Laude, 2002
Alpha Phi Omea – Alpha Epsilon Zeta chapter Distinguished Service Key recipient.
Frameworks: ASP.Net MVC, Entity Framework 4.0, Castle Windsor
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Basic familiarity with Linux
Build Tools: Perforce, NAnt, CruiseControl.Net
Testing Tools: NUnit, MSTest, Selenium IDE, RSpec, Midje
Development Practices: Scrum, Agile, TDD, Continuous Integration, Refactoring, XP, Pair Programming