Archive for category git
I was recently chatting with some coworkers about podcasts I listen to, so I thought I should document that list for easy sharing and to find some gems I am missing.
I have taken advantage of my commute time and turned my commute into Automobile University as talked about by Zig Ziglar. I heard this idea via some fitness blogs I was reading where the trainers were talking about ways to continuously improve, and decided I would apply that idea to my commute, walks, or even running errands.
The other thing I have started taking advantage of is the ability of podcast players to play at double speed. Most podcasts out there do well at one-and-a-half or double speed, and have heard that some players even support three-times speed. This allows you to dramatically increase your consumption rate if you can follow along at those speeds. You may not understand everything that is said, but you can always go back and re-listen to sections if needed, let it broaden your known unknowns, and at the least it should help to remove some of your unknown unknowns.
I did a listing of Software Development Podcasts previously, and am going to try and make this a yearly or bi-yearly update based off how frequently this list of podcasts change in my rotation.
- .NET Rocks
- The Tablet Show – The same two hosts of .NET Rocks, but with a focus on tablets and tablet development
- Run As Radio – One of the hosts of .NET Rocks and The Tablet Show, focused on server administration mostly focused on the Mircosoft platform.
- Herding Code
- Deep Fried Bytes
- Ruby Rogues – Panel discussion on various Ruby related topics and projects.
- The Cognicast – Formerly Think Relevance podcast
- Mostly λazy – Infrequent updates, but enjoyed the episodes that have been released
- Mostly Erlang – Panel discussion mostly about Erlang, but touches on related topics and other functional programming languages and how they relate to Erlang.
- The Changelog – Podcast about Open Source projects from The Changelog
- The Wide Teams Podcast – Hosted by one of the panelists of Ruby Rogues, with a focus on distributed software development, with the goal to find out the good and the bad experiences and help share information on how distributed teams work.
- Software Engineering Radio – Recently I have only been finding a few shows on topics that seem interesting, but have a large backlog of shows with interesting topics.
- GitMinutes – Podcast covering Git source control management.
These are podcasts that I have only listened to a couple of episodes of, either because they have only released a couple, or have just started trying them.
- Think Distributed – They only have a few episodes out so far, but some good info from the ones they have done.
- Giant Robots Smashing into other Giant Robots – Podcast from Thoughtbot on technical topics. Just started listening to it recently, and plan on digging into the backlog of shows.
On my list to check out
- Food Fight – Podcast on DevOps
If you have any other podcasts that are good please feel free to add your list of podcasts that I have left out to the comments.
**Updated 2013-10-24 7:54 CDT to include link to previous list of Software Development Podcasts
**Updated 2013-10-24 22:13 CDT to include The Changelog, a “podcast covering what’s new and interesting in open source”
**Updated 2013-10-24 22:28 CDT to include GitMinutes